January 22, 2008 – New York (apj.us) – Looks like the House's right wing freshmen are making their mark… not! Here's the latest:
- Duncan D. Hunter (R-CA52) is playing to the worst fears of the paranoiac right, whining already about the possibility of moving Guantánamo detainees to military bases in San Diego County.
- TCPalm.com spanks Tom Rooney (R-FL16) and Bill Posey (R-FL15) for voting against the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Aaron Schock (R-IL18) is wandering off the tightwad reservation, poised to vote in favor of the House stimulus bill.
- Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO09) throws some retreads on a rhetorical Cold-War-era Plymouth Valiant, proclaiming, "We’re headed down a road that I don’t think we want to go down, and that’s a road toward socialism."
- Pete Olson (TX-22) publicly proclaims his fealty to the Christianist Culture of Patriarchal Abolition of Women's Health Choices, along with a smattering of fellow Texas regressives. Mind you, this is the same guy who is the GOP's House point person on our future in space.
- The "pressure" is on Cynthia Lummis (R-WYal) to back the House version of Wyoming Range Legacy Act. She's likely to vote for it, along with most Democrats and more than a few Republicans.
More details as devolution… um, developments warrant.