Let's take a look at what the House GOP freshmen have been up to this week – besides voting in lockstep to sandbag the economy and screw working families:
- What do Tom McClintock (CA-02) and Cynthia Lummis (WY-AL) have in common? They're not making their constituents too happy, as can be seen here and here. Amazingly, Lummis comes across as unexpectedly sane on at least one issue.
- A SacBee editor snarks McClintonk's transformation from local control and state's rights champion to a federal government lovin' Republican (on some issues).
- Duncan D. Hunter (CA-52) is a champion of hearsay over science.
- Mike Coffman (CO-06) joins the chorus opposing the incarceration of criminals in appropriately secure facilities while awaiting trial in the best civilian court system in the world.
- Bill Cassidy (LA-02) joins a different chorus , this one whining about President Obama's moves to undo the damage to American workers inflicted by George Bush Jr.
- Tom Rooney (FL-16) flails – and fails – in his attempt to spin his petty vote against health care for kids.
- Finally, here is one more bit of evidence (WARNING: it's from the execrable rag Human Events) that Jason Chaffetz (UT-03) is positioning himself as the New Wingnut Darling of the Right.